Mango & Chilli Chocolate Mousse
- 7oz dark chocolate, broken into smaller pieces
- 2 medium eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 2 tablespoons of Confectioner’s Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Mango Chilli Sauce
- Half cup of whole milk whole milk
- 2.5oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 fresh mango, chopped into small cubes
Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl to combine. Pour cream and milk into a pan and bring gently to a boil. Remove from the heat and slowly pour over the eggs and sugar mixture whisking vigorously. Now pour that mixture back into the pan stirring occasionally, until it coats the back of the spoon. Do not let it boil or the mixture will split. Pass the mixture through a sieve into bowl and whisk for a few minutes to cool a little.
Beat the chocolate into the bowl until completely melted, stir in the Mango Chilli Sauce. Chill in the fridge for 8 minutes.
Whip the egg whites to a stiff peak in a large bowl. Remove the chocolate mixture from the fridge and beat in one teaspoon of the whites. Then very gently fold in the rest of the whites until completely combined.
Pour into ramekins, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for two hours to set. Garnish with the chopped mango.